Recognizing our rights as citizens is the first step to accessing them. Exercising citizenship in a responsible way implies understanding that we are part of a collective, and therefore our actions or inactions have consequences on others.
We believe that participating in collective spaces is a way to transform reality. From the small actions that we carry out in our community, to the most transformative actions, all of them build an active citizenship, and therefore a stronger democracy, in search of a more egalitarian, fair and inclusive society.
- We promote awareness for responsible citizen participation of different social and institutional actors as a strategy for building a democratic, fair, equitable and inclusive society.
- We aspire to a democratic society with a critical, participatory and responsible citizenship.
- Promoting greater citizen participation in decision making at the local, regional and national levels.
- Promoting the exercise of social responsibility.
- Executing and promoting economic and social development programs, directly or in association with public or private entities.
- Contributing to research for the development of public policies.
- Promoting a democratic Argentina based on strong values and ethical principles.
- Contributing to the construction of public space based on the commitment and articulation of the State, the private sector and civil society.
- 2019. UNLEASH China. Selected among 8.000 candidates to participate in the SDG6 Water consortium.
2018. Recognition of Project Management from the Buenos Aires City Govt Subsecretariat of Habitat and Inclusion.
2016. Finalist for the Aportes Social Management Award.
2014. María Sol González Sañudo (Executive Director of SUMANDO Argentina) recognized as Young Social Leader by Vital Voices Argentina Chapter.
2011. Recognition of SUMANDO Argentina’s work by the General Directorate for the Strengthening of Civil Society of the Ministry of Social Development of the City of Buenos Aires.
2010. The Demos, Building Responsible Citizenship program has been declared a “Program of Interest” by the Ministry of Education, the Government and Legislature of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, the Ibero-American Youth Organization (OIJ), the Avina Foundation, Poder Ciudadano and the Inter-American Development Bank. And it has also received the YouthActionNet Award.
We appreciate the support of donor-partners, companies and entities that allow the implementation of our actions.